- Despite a slow down in real GDP growth, the forecast for 2016 and 2017 are positive. Labour productivity continues also to show a positive trend.
- The R&I system is centralised as regards funding allocation and governance. The main role of regional authorities remains to catalyse Structural Funds.
- GERD is maintained above 1.9% of GDP approaching the EU28 average.
- Public R&D expenditure per GDP meets its 2020 target since 2012. However, about 29% is due to public R&D investment from abroad, especially the European Structural and Investment Fund (ESIF).
- BERD shows a positive trend and a high level of openness with foreign affiliates contributing for more than half of the total amount.