- The economic recovery of the Dutch economy proceeds into 2016. In 2015, economic growth accelerated to 2.0% of GDP, following 1.0% in 2014.
- Labour productivity is high and the Netherlands is among OECD countries with the highest skilled labour force.
- In 2016 the Netherlands became one of the 'innovation leaders' of the European Innovation Scoreboard.
- Public expenditures on R&D have not been subject to fiscal consolidation pressure.
- Appropriations for direct funding of R&D are stabilising but will drop as % of GDP in 2016-2018.
- The R&D tax allowances comprised about 87% percent of total government support to private sector R&D (not including the Innovation Box).
- The Netherlands has as strong position in international and European rankings on e-government and public sector innovation.
- The GERD of 2.0 % and 2.01 of GDP measured in 2014 and 2015 respectively is similar to the EU28 average, but well below the national target of 2.5%.